Tuesday, October 17, 2006

PlayDay

I am taking two 'mid-week' vacation days. Spending today preparing for our "Fall Cleanup" event where the trash company will take ANYTHING you put out. So we are cleaning out the garage and backyard of 'stuff' that we don't need and don't care about trying to garage sale. (Since we NEVER have a garage sale even though we 'save' stuff for it throughout the year). We are also starting to box stuff and inventory to take to Goodwill, etc. - again, stuff we've saved for the garage sale we never have. Time to 'declutter' and get rid of stuff we don't need.

I applied for the Tracy job - now just 'wait and see'. Know from past experience that it can take weeks or months before you hear anything - whether it's a letter of 'thanks but no thanks' or a call for an interview. One job I applied for way back took SIX MONTHS before I got a letter advising the position was filled and thanked me for my interest. I found out at a conference I attended that the person who had the job actually came back (she didn't know I was one of the people who had applied while she was gone and then returning). So you just never know. I will wait and see what happens.

Tomorrow, I plan to drive up to Jackson for the morning - play some slots, hopefully win or break even, grab a bite to eat and head back home in time to pickup B. from band practice.

Off to tidy up the kitchen.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...