Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lost

My theory is I got there 'too early'. I told J. 'the machines weren't primed yet'. Lost what I was willing to lose in just over an hour - so I did the practical thing and headed home. Spent the afternoon 'comp shopping' the Sears website for a new washer.

YES, the washer has FINALLY been declared a LEMON. One year after the thing went COMPLETELY on the fritz - it's not been right since. So now, we 'shop' to compare the model they based their offer on to the model we have. Since they don't make any machine that has EVERYTHING our washer has, we'll have to come up with some kind of 'happy medium'. In the end, we'll get a brand new washer though it will probably cost us a bit - since we WON'T buy their latest version of the Calypso - called the 'Oasis'. FORGET IT. NO WAY. We're looking at front loaders. BIG capacity. The only thing I really regret is that now, they make them in some really cool colors - but if I buy a new 'colored' washer (which is less expensive than white - why??), my dryer (which is white) won't 'match'. And though J. is quite possibly the most reasonable, generous person on the planet, even HE has drawn the line at buying a brand new dryer just so it will 'match' the soon-to-be brand new washer. I even tried to convince him that we could (in theory) hook up the 'old' dryer in the garage (will take some 'plumbing' work to get a gas line hooked up out there) so we'd have two - our own little 'laundromat'. He was unconvinced. So white is what we'll get.

The two days off have flown by. I have answered emails off and on both days so I won't arrive tomorrow 'buried' both on my desk AND my email. Thankfully, it will be only TWO days until the weekend!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...