Friday, April 28, 2023

You Can't Say No

Been feeling like things are piling up a bit lately - mostly because there are a host of things happening that I (frankly) wish I didn't have to deal with.  But - being a Mom and a wife are jobs that never end and so....just keep on keeping on. 

My friend C. and I had a catch up call and when she said 'how are you?' I answered truthfully 'I am tired'.  Down to my bones tired. C. and I are holding each other accountable with working on moving more.  No formal exercise plan - but just committing daily to things that create movement. 

My workout today was helping J. trek to the rock yard and come home with about 1/4 cubic yard (8 five gallon buckets) of stone.  Between the mini-shoveling into smaller containers and then spreading the rock around the yards, it was a great workout.  We piled some of it in various spots out back and planned to work out there over the weekend.  Thankfully, our new gardener came and he did a lot of filling up the spaces in the back that needed extra stone.  We are very fortunate that one of our neighbors (around the corner) works at the rock yard so she arranged everything for us.  It was a very smooth, easy process and we will likely be going back there next Friday to do another load.  We have three types of stone in the yards and they all could use some filling - and while we're at it, we might do a trip for 'extra' we can pile behind the shed for future use.  $1 a bucket - and way easier than having a truck dump a huge load of stone in our driveway.  

Tomorrow and Sunday are Atlantis days and I am really looking forward to playing.  Monday through Friday feels like a long time in between play days....especially with J. playing golf 3 days a week.  I'm always feeling a sense of back and forth about him being gone - in my heart and core, I'm happy he can enjoy time with his friends doing something he loves three times a week.  But the reality of it - three days alone - is hard at times.  Some days, being alone feels incredibly hard.  And I feel bad for feeling that way knowing I have friends and family who have experienced loss who are facing the reality of being alone.  I try to re-align with being glad he can have fun even when some weeks feel so 'meh' without him home.  

And then he is home and sometimes makes me crazy.  

We will enjoy plenty of together time at Atlantis having fun and enjoying brunch.  And we'll work in the yards in the evenings when it gets cooler.  It's 84 outside right now and being out in the sun working hard felt so great.  Sun and sweat after months and months of bundling up felt amazing!

The new gardener spent more time here on his first official visit than our previous company did in multiple visits.  I offered him an amount per month that was way high - in my head it was comparable to what we had been paying but it was actually quite a bit more than that - so he said he will come twice a month.  When we get caught up it may end up once a month is enough and if so, we'll adjust - or we'll give him a list of other things he could help with.  Sweeping patios, sweeping garage, helping clean the shed - there are plenty of things we are happy to have help with.  He's really good - and between the three of us, the place should be looking better soon.  It looks fine now - but we are looking forward to having it tidier.  

Wishing everyone a great weekend - I look forward to weekends as much (maybe more) as I did when I worked.  Two days of fun with hubby in the house!  Win-Win!

 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...