Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Hubbub of Activity

J. is doing a treadmill walk and then will head out with the Rav full of donations.  He drove to the donation site yesterday but they were closed - forgetting that many businesses were closed yesterday to give their employees the holiday they missed because Christmas was on a Sunday this year.  Same thing will happen next Monday, too, for New Years Day.  

After careful consideration I decided this is the year I will donate all the Cow Parade figurines.  54 figurines in their original boxes including the Styrofoam to protect them in their box.  I held back 2 which I will put somewhere. 

It was hard to let them go but made easier by having very few places I could display them here.  Sure, I could put them all along the top of the kitchen cabinets as well as the top of the linen cabinets in our hallway - but they will get dusty and be very hard to clean.  At our age, avoiding anything that requires a ladder is a goal.  

I loved them very much and enjoyed them for many years but it feels good to let them go.  I toyed with the idea of trying to sell them - did some research on secondary market sellers but then pondered the logistics of shipping that many items.  What I would have to spend to get them there while risking breakage, etc. just made it seem not worth the effort it would take to try to do that.  I thought about finding a collectible shop here in Carson that might take them on consignment but....again, never a sure thing.  I like the idea of donating them to our local charity that helps homeless people in our community and having someone come upon something they will treasure available for a bargain price.  

Or maybe the thrift shop person who prices items will do what is needed to get as much money for them as possible.  And that's totally fine.  They blessed my heart with joy for many years and it feels right to pass them on now.  

It's raining today and it's 'warm' rain because it's doing a great job of melting the snow we've had around the yard for three weeks.  The gutters are dripping away.  

Tomorrow is Atlantis for free play and then I will head there again on Friday for three nights.  J. will join for NYE on Saturday.  I'm taking one of my Woobles crochet kits to keep me busy.  

I forgot to mention in my previous post that J. won his very first hand pay on Christmas Day.  A six spot on Keno paid off handsomely.  He was super excited! 


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...