Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Pre-Cleaning for a Cleaning

It's Tuesday and the cleaning ladies come tomorrow so I will be spending a good chunk of the day pre-cleaning for their arrival.  

I scheduled a doctor appointment for mid-June but they just called and have openings in the morning tomorrow so yay!  It's time for my annual check up and all the things that go with it - mammogram, blood work, etc. .  I'm also hoping she will agree that three plus months with this crazy super sore spot on my throat is long enough - it may be related to the ton of gunk in my sinuses but I've had enough.  I'm doing the things the ENT doctor suggested and the gunky part is improving - but that sore spot isn't healing on it's own well so I'm hoping an antibiotic will help.  

I'm nervous about the appointment because I know I'm not doing the things I should be doing to take better care of myself.  I need to work on that big time.  

I head to Reno on Thursday for a three night stay - which may only be a one or two night stay depending.  Oddly, I'm not really looking forward to the stay.  Three nights is a long time.  So we'll see.  I'm definitely going on Thursday for the night and then I'll just see how it goes.  I'm thinking of packing my bathing suit and pool coverup 'cuz spending some time in the sun sounds lovely.  Mother's Day (9 days ago) we had snow and now, it's in the high 70's to low 80's and warming up pretty quickly.  I ran the AC on my bedroom side of the house last night because it was too stuffy to sleep well.  Looks like it's time to remove some more winter bedding from the bed and pack it away until next Winter. 

J. is playing golf again today - after all of last week's golf was cancelled, he's happy to be out on the course again.  He played yesterday here at Silver Oak for the Atlantis Tournament and I took drinks out to his foursome when they were on the 12th hole.  It's always so nice to meet really nice people and when they thank me for bringing them cold drinks, I always say 'my pleasure!  It's the best part of living on a golf course!'.  

I made no-bake Special K cookies for a treat.  Dinner is going to be Chicken Pasta Salad - using up the leftover roasted chicken we have from Costco.  

The cats are getting moist food now so I feel like they are stalking me a lot.  Muf especially follows my every move begging for more.  They do have some dry food in the bowl and are definitely not starving but they sure seem not to know it.  I've started doing one food serving split between the two of them because otherwise, Nala doesn't finish and Muf eats her portion plus Nala's leftovers.  Yesterday that approach didn't work too well when they both demanded (crying, weaving in and out of my legs) more food as I cooked dinner.  So I gave them the second portion split between them as a second feeding.  This is getting complicated. 

I'm binge watching Heartland on Netflix - it's 14 seasons of complete and total schmaltz but it's a good distraction as I piddle the day away. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...