Monday, August 10, 2020

Escape Artists

We're prepping for the overhead shelves to be installed in the garage tomorrow (or Wednesday).  We're not sure.  The handy man will confirm we hope so we'll know but in the mean time, we're preparing like it's tomorrow.

 J. returned from playing golf in Reno and quickly got going on his list of stuff to do.  He will travel to Tracy on the 20th to deal with cancelling our safe deposit box.  He had a lot of trouble getting through to the branch - so he called the general help number.  Initially, they couldn't get through either but eventually they did - and the bank will arrange for a locksmith to be there at 1PM on Thursday - J. can empty the box and cancel it.  We know there's nothing valuable in there.  And we don't intend to set up a box here in Carson City - we have a small safe now so we don't need it.  

After he finished with that, we loaded up the car with donations. I'd spent part of the morning working on the study - side note: we found ANOTHER box office 'stuff' while continuing to shuffle things around in prep for the overhead shelves install.  Holy crap.  I ended up adding a bunch of stuff to the donation box.  

I talked to my friend C. yesterday and told her 'I don't know how/why we have SO MUCH school supply stuff'.  And she said 'cuz you probably bought it every year when things were 10 cents or 25 cents or whatever.  That conversation helped me let a ton of stuff go - 

While we were moving things from the garage to my car, I grabbed a hallway runner (rug) to add to the load and went around the other side of the car.  Saw something moving out of the corner of my eye and realized HOLY CRAP!  It was Nala. BOTH CATS curled up on the front porch - we had failed to do a firm, hard close on the front door and they'd seized the moment.  FREEDOM!  The stuck together and ended up curled up with each other on the porch.  When Muf realized I had seen them, she bolted back in the house.  Nala stayed reclined but J. grabbed her and put her back inside.

Super proud of them for just hanging out on the porch and if only we could be sure that's all they would ever do, I know they'd both love some outdoor time.  

I'm ordering two cat harnesses and leashes so we can try to train them to go for a walk.  I know, I know.  Cats don't walk on leashes - but actually, many do.  If I can secure them and allow them some freedom, we're happy to sit out on the porch and/or walk around with them to give them fresh air and some adventure.  

I've been binge watching Broadchurch on Netflix - sadly, J. doesn't seem interested but I'm enjoying it.  Into Season 2.  It's a good detective mystery crime drama set in Great Britain. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...