Thursday, September 05, 2019

Sweating Bullets

I spent the morning doing all types of cleaning.  Bathroom, laundry room, mopped and scrubbed floors.  Kept getting sidetracked by other things I noticed as I was doing 'big' things.  Made progress.  Felt good to move and work hard - I was dripping sweat and that's sort of 'new' for me.  I hope to keep doing it 'cuz it's a decent workout.

The for sale sign went up on Friday.  My friend said 'I was car pooling with E. and saw the sign.  Felt happy for you guys but so sad for us.  When you left, we lost a big piece of our heart and I don't think we'll ever get it back'.  My heart hurts - I am so touched they miss me that much - and I definitely miss them - the friendships.  And I know how I felt when my former Superintendent left and my heart felt broken for a long time.  But I know organizational structure and am positive the entity will move forward regardless.  I'll be a mere memory in the district's history.  I think other folks are thinking about making a move and I advise them to consider doing it - life is too short to stay somewhere you're not happy.  I speak from experience realizing how miserable I was now that I'm not.

I'm determined to stay close to friends and have a dinner and a lunch planned with two of them next week.

Our trip to Reno was good - we made it up there and loaded up the storage unit with more of our stuff.  We visited the home site and there was a guy there (just one) working on adding the cross beams to the foundation.  One guy.  If one guy does each phase of the construction, we won't have a house for a year!  J. did some additional exploring - I headed to my happy place.  He arrived later and we had a nice dinner at Atlantis.  J. headed home Saturday morning to be prepared for possible house showings.

We've had two looks at the house and are a bit disappointed to not have an offer - one family told their realtor (who told our realtor) that they loved the house.  If you love it, buy it!  Please!  J. and H. headed with Chloe to the park during the visits and she loved getting out and about.  The park grass is very 'tall' for her low belly and H. said she was 'leaping' through it - super cute.  I hope we can get a video of her doing that.  It's super funny.

We are on pins and needles because another interested party was waiting until her realtor returned form out of town - so we've been expecting another showing but it hasn't happened yet.

It's nerve wracking but these things take time.

In the mean time, we are getting great exercise keeping our own house spotless.  Prepared to let strangers walk through it in a moment's notice.

Our house being on the market notified every moving company on the planet that we're moving - which isn't a bad thing.  We've decided we will get a couple quotes from moving companies that can store things for us.  I have visions of us doing the pod - and getting to our brand new house and having to wait days for the pod people to bring us our stuff.  And then possibly having issues with finding moving company's to provide hourly labor to help us unload all our stuff.  J. said 'we could manage in the house without our stuff'.  And I reminded him 'beds?  We have to have beds.  Places to sit a bit'.  A full-service moving company who can load up what's left, store it for some number of months and then bring it back and unload it could come in very handy.  It will cost more - for sure.  But we'll see - the peace of mind of knowing that we can actually get in and be settled for real with fewer moving parts is very attractive to me at this point.

The moving parts are stressing me out.  My stomach is in a constant state of 'high alert' and my sleep is being interrupted by a lot of new ruminations.  They will pass.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...