Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Neighbors

Even confined to my cabin, there's always things to see.  The port is a bustling business with lots of cranes moving lots of huge crates on and off ships.  And shortly after one container ship left and another pulled in, we were joined by another cruise ship - which is not a line I've ever heard of and I think it might be from Europe?  TUI Cruises.  Just went to their website - Germany.  Definitely from Germany.

I feel a wee bit better this morning.  I ordered room service breakfast only wasn't sure what I wanted.  Over ordered and haven't eaten much.  My skin still hurts but is improved and as long as I dose myself with Tylenol every four hours, I stay fever free for the most part.  (I have no thermometer so no idea how hot I'm getting - but I know it's hot.  I have had chills only a few times in my life and this has been a super 'chills' illness, so far).

J. headed into port to do a Hop On/Hop Off bus tour.  He started the morning with his 'usual' 1.25 mile walk around the walking deck - he amazes me!

Our cabin steward hasn't been here yet but as soon as he arrives and makes up the room, I'm going to go back to bed.  Sleep is the best medicine at this point.

Tomorrow, we go through the Panama Canal and the next day is an at sea day - so I will have two additional days to just rest and take it easy.  Hopefully I'll be good as new by Friday and still have a full week of cruising.

I think we've agreed to cancel the September Alaska cruise.  We don't want to give up the 'free cruise' certificate I got on my trip to Atlantis Reno in January - BUT we will be in our brand new house in a new city for only a month or two at that point - and I'm not sure I want to pack up and cruise again.  I'd like to get settled in the house, get the pets into their new location and new routine - and enjoy just being retired and getting organized.

We haven't cancelled yet and we have time....so we'll see.

I am pretty sure I will earn another cruise certificate this year and we can plan to cruise in Fall, 2020.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...