Sunday, October 15, 2017

Super Duper Excited

Up early on a Sunday for the best possible reason ever - we're heading out the door this afternoon and winging our way towards London overnight tonight. 

Had a nice visit with H. - he (sort of) spent the night on Friday night though he was out with friends a lot - guess when you're visiting your old neighborhood, spending time with friends is natural - and no reason for him to sit around here with us all night.  He looks really great - he's gained a little weight back.  He's been doing some finish work for an electrician - doing the patching and painting part of the job - and also interviewed at a gas station he can bike or walk to near their apartment.  Sounds like he's making some progress.  We gently reminded him that we're not expecting him to be at the house while we're away - and he said 'only if I need to come get a movie or something'.  I said 'OK, but you need to text us that you are going to the house before you go....and you aren't to have friends here.  Clear?'.  He said he understood. 

I don't want a repeat of last March - let's just not do that nightmare over.  I'm reminded of it every time I see the red hair dye on my bathroom cupboards - which I can't get off. 

R. came to pick him up in a Chrysler 300 which confused me because H. said her car is working fine..but she's still driving a rental.  Guess her car is still in the shop.  Had a super brief chat with her while I handed off some groceries - some milk, cookie mixes from King Arthur, syrup, etc. - things I know they can use and things that won't keep (or I bought for them like the cookie mixes).  We are going to (fingers crossed) try for a dinner the weekend we return from Europe.  I hope we can pull it off 'cuz I want to meet her kids. 

The Focus is safely tucked away in our garage while we're away - the body shop did their usual great job and it looks brand new.  We will put it up for sale as soon as we return from our trip and fingers crossed it sells quickly. 

My friend C. and her son O. came over yesterday to get keys and get the list of things to do - it's going to be pretty easy.  As we were walking to the car, O. said 'your house is really amazing'.  I said 'thanks, O. .  It's home and we love it'. 

We'll be leaving in a bit to take Chloe to her boarding place in Livermore.  Then stopping by Costco to gas up my car and then coming home to finalize packing.  Trying super hard to pack lightly.  I took everything out of my purse, vacuumed out the bottom of it and put back only what I need for the trip.  My usual makeup bag with tons of products in it that I rarely use?  Not taking it.  Only taking makeup compact and eyebrow filling in supplies - and lip moisturizer.  Everything else is not making it's way with me.  My purse weighs less than half what it did - and when we're there?  I've got an across the body travel purse that will hold my wallet, passport, phone and a couple other little things. 

I heard three gun shots around 3AM and J. just confirmed the neighborhood watch news online has lots of folks reporting the same?  Maybe fireworks?  But they were in rapid succession and seemed too repetitive (timing wise) to be fireworks.  Hoping nothing bad happened in a house nearby - they were really close. 

OK - I've got to go bake three chicken breasts which we will have for lunch.  We planned them for a dinner but we've been super bad (and lazy) and have eaten out the past few nights.  Just no inertia to cook.  We'll be glad our Hello Fresh restarts the week we get back -

I will sign off for now and next post will be over the pond.  With pictures, I hope.  I will try.  I promise.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...