Sunday, March 13, 2016

Weekly

This blog is starting to be like Weekly Reader...not intentionally but truth is, it's the best I can do lately.

Lots to update.

The week passed so quickly though it was a fairly drama filled work at week.  Not often that I totally lost it about something our County Office of Ed does - but it happened this week and let's just say that I have a lot of patience for all things...until I don't and then you're going to know that it's not working for me.  I made waves - which I also very rarely do - but waves were needed and they had the expected effect....creating crashing and undertow and then the ripples that will be felt for a long, long time.  The end result was good - high fives all around and all is well - but it was a long week.  I hate having to pull the 'I'm the boss of our district's Business Department so here's what needs to happen' card but I did.

There are very few perks to my job - but making waves when needed that work is one of them, I guess.

My new assistant has been truly awe-inspiring - jumping in and working through things one by one. She's a dynamo...and I like that.

B. was here - though we rarely saw him.  He met a girl - and he spent pretty much every night this week and most of the days with her.  We had the pleasure of meeting her on Friday night at dinner and she's pretty amazing - and they seem pretty mutually smitten so we'll see.  She's interviewing this week in Los Angeles to go to Japan for a year to teach English - and then law school upon returning...so who knows if their stars are truly destined for each other but for now, they had a great week and I get the feeling it was harder than usual for B. to head back to ELP.

Easier to say goodbye this time knowing he'll be returning for 3 weeks in June before he transfers to Ft. Campbell in Kentucky.  I'm sure we won't see much of him then, either....but it's OK.

On Friday, the news that Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake & Palmer, had died sent me straight back to 1977 when I would listen to "Closer to Believing" non-stop.  I played it (thank you, You Tube) most of the afternoon on Friday and was transported back to my Junior and Senior years in high school.  My world was topsy-turvy and this song spoke to me of the certainty of uncertainty.

And while it resonated with me then for many different reasons in those days of high-school angst and huge life transition, on Friday, it resonated with me more for J. .  Because of J.....

On this rainy Sunday.....for my love....here's most of the song.  At 5:34, it never got a lot of radio airplay....but it's a beautiful song from start to finish and you can find it on YouTube if you're interested.

From the opium of custom to the ledges of extreme
Don't believe it till you've held it life is seldom what it seems
But lay your heart upon the table and in the shuffling of dreams
Remember who on earth you are

I need me....you need you.....we want us....

But of course you know I love you or what else am I here for
Only you not face to face but side by side for evermore
And I need to be here with you for without you what am I?
Just another fool out searching for some heaven in the sky
Take me closer to believing take me forward, lead me on
Through collision and confusion while there's life beneath the sun
You are the reason I continue so near for so long
So close, yet so far away.  

I need me....you need you.....we want us

To live forever, don't let the curtain fall
Measure after measure, of writing on the wall
That burns so brightly, it blinds us all

I need me....you need you..... we want us

To be together on Sundays in the rain
Closer than forever against or with the grain
To ride the storms of love again

So be closer to believing though your world is torn apart
For a moment changes all things and to end is but to start
And if your journey's unrewarded, may your God lift up your heart
You are windblown, but you are mine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Unknown said...

Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

Buy Ironing Boards Online | Buy mop Online

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...