Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Joy of Amazon Prime

Every morning, Chloe does her business and is rewarded with 1/2 of a quinoa and butter squash dog biscuit - Canidae brand.  She doesn't ever forget about this step in her morning routine, though she sometimes does forget to do her business.  No business, no treat.  That's the rule.  She runs back into the house, heads over to the area rug by the hearth and twirls two or three times.  It's her standard routine and if she doesn't do it?  Something's wrong.  She's a twirly, dancing dog when there's a treat involved.

This morning, I went to the container on the side table and realized there's only one biscuit left so today and tomorrow's treat are all we have.  (I have a feeling she's been getting treats during the day as well - H. gives generously, I think and Chloe's lost waist line shows it).

I ordered the biscuits and some dog food from Amazon and it  will be here in a couple days - free shipping!  I love Amazon 'cuz that brand of dog food is hard to find and we don't have to drive all over the place looking for it.  It will just magically arrive on our front porch, like so many other things magically arrive.

(Things frequently arrive the very next day and we credit the Amazon distribution center here in Tracy with those miracles).

Yesterday flew by 'cuz I spent the majority of the day processing payroll stuff in advance of a looming payroll deadline.  I learned a lot and even realized that one of the school sites had failed to submit a good chunk of their payroll records - and my former assistant was so proud and amazed that I realized that 'cuz I don't actually do the nuts and bolts of payroll processing all that often.  I've still got it, though - and am glad I figure it out 'cuz otherwise, dozens of people wouldn't have been paid.

By end of day yesterday, my eye was absolutely killing me.  The eye doctor (I did get in to see my regular eye doctor in Livermore yesterday morning) pronounced the hemorrhage to be a 4+ on a scale of 1-4 and gave me some 'gel' drops to use - same as artificial tears but longer lasting.  Before heading to bed last night (at 7:30!), I really was in a lot of pain - even after flooding my eye with liquid tears to try to moisten it up a bit.  Pain pill and gel and I slept pretty great, all things considered.  So it will be a gel kind of day.  I save the pain pills for night 'cuz it's pretty manageable until around 3PM and then it's almost time to head home anyway.

Friends at work yesterday kept saying 'I can't believe you came in' and I thought 'well, it's going to be three weeks before this eye looks even remotely 'normal' and I can't miss three weeks of work'.  I'm not vain - really, I'm not - and this is proof 'cuz I really do look pretty bad.  Though from far away, it sort of looks like I have some kind of contact lens in - sort of a Goth, ghoulish look going.

Time to get ready for another massive payroll processing day - and hoping to wedge in some other activities as well.  New staff starting soon and I've got to get some stuff ready for them as well.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...