Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fin

The last full day here dawned clear as a bell and still as still can be.  My brave husband headed to the big market to get a new pair of sandals.  He's been wearing the ones he purchased here a couple years ago and loves them but the Velcro straps are wearing out.  We saw they still have them when we shopped there last week (can't believe it's been over a week already) and so he's trekking to get a new pair.  And a couple cookies.  Last treat before departing tomorrow.

I am in my swim suit which is still not dry from yesterday, making pulling it on an acrobatic escapade I'm glad no one else witnessed.  I am heading out to the pool for one last day of sun.  I actually look like I've been on vacation - the combination of tan and slight burn.

Friends posted on Facebook they were delayed in Hawaii for four extra days as the crash at SFO affected travel into that airport.  We would be more than happy to have an excuse to be 'stuck' here another few days - but what is more likely to happen is that we will make it to Houston (we don't have a non-stop flight this time) and be stuck there.  My face lit up - thinking 'Texas!  B. is in Texas' - but El Paso and Houston are a long ways away from each other so that won't work either.  We shall see.

There are a lot of heavy things weighing on my mind today - maybe it's just to reality of returning to 'normal'.  And returning to work.  I am dreading work.  Hoping it passes 'cuz it has to.

We are still finagling with Bank of America and praying with fingers and toes crossed that the refi goes through.  While I certainly understand the criteria required for obtaining a home loan, I have to say that the banks we have worked with the past couple months are making it seemingly impossible to comply with what they want.  It makes me so angry....the hoops we jump through; they say every thing's fine; then it's more hoops - and more hoops - and then they add some fire on the hoops just to make it interesting.  If they won't refinance us - with income and assets and stellar credit - then how is it that others are managing?  We don't qualify for the 'HARP' program - so we have to go through plain old ordinary refinancing - which at the moment, I'm pretty sure is impossible.

Trying to 'let it go' and see if it will all work out.  We've jumped through the hoops, including those with fire - and await more information back re: what other obstacles await.

Yesterday, we 'used up' the fruit juice we had and drank rum punch most of the afternoon.  We spent a good portion of the day outside on the beach - it was a lovely day.

Tonight, we will treat ourselves to delicious lobster again - a final splurge before heading back to 'normal' life where you don't spend $100 a night on dinner.

I am already making reservations for two weeks next year.  Screw the 'every other year' plan - it's only money and if I have to work an extra couple years to make a once a year beach vacation happen for the rest of my life, I will.

Take that! end of vacation blues.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...