Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Tuscan

I'm into another cooking show - Extra Virgin. It stars Debbi Mazar and her husband. He is full blooded Tuscan Italian and the two of them are a hoot....it's a fun show and the dishes they prepare look delicious.

I don't know what possessed me but I got the crazy idea around 3PM yesterday to make a meal I saw on that show for dinner last night. I left my office at 4:30 and headed to the grocery store - spent $45 the fix-ins for the dinner with a few 'leftover' supplies. Fresh vegetables are expensive - $9 for three bunches of spinach. From the minute I walked in the door until 6:15, I was cooking up a storm. Many, many steps, including a lot of chopping, food processing, rinsing fresh spinach, taking the stems off, blanching the spinach, making home made spaghetti sauce (red sauce - simple, no meat and delicious!). The dinner was good - but wow, what a lot of work. I was sweating up a storm (not a bad way to 'exercise') and finally had to call in reinforcements and beg H. to come home (he was at a friend's house) and help me. Thank goodness or we would have been eating around 8.

I'm eating leftovers now and they are delicious!! So we got two meals out of it and there's still enough ingredients to make more sauce.

So much going on in the world, huh? With all the significant world events, it seems silly to mention this - but I must: Charlie Sheen is an ass. Even if - by some miracle - the show comes back, I'll never watch it again with him on it. Even more than thinking he's a jerk - I honestly think he is emotionally unstable. Seriously - unstable. That's not addiction talking - it's something besides that. Something in addition to that. Psychosis possibly.

Busy week ahead....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...