Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Compilations

I'm listening more and more to 'soundtrack' CDs. Most TV shows have them lately - and I just love them. Current favorites are: Grey's Anatomy (TV show), In Good Company (movie), Providence (TV show). I love the music - so eclectic. The kind of songs I usually end up buying an album for only to discover I like one or two tracks. Lots of not-often-heard artists who don't get airplay in the 'Clear Channel' world of playing only commercial songs by big name artists.

Music has always been my outlet. I find songs that say something to me and I listen to them over and over. AND OVER. Thanks to iPod, I can now keep my repeats to myself and not make everyone around me crazy listening to the same piece constantly.

J. listens to the beat and the music. I listen to the words. We had a heck of a time finding the perfect 'first dance' song at our wedding - but finally settled on a little known Beach Boys song - J. loved the musicality of it and I loved the lyrics. We were about to pick some instrumental piece just to have something to dance to - and then we were listening to a tape in the car and suddenly, there it was. A tape we'd listened to dozens of times before - but suddenly, this one song was 'it'. And we both realized it at the same time.

Where I Belong

I've spent my whole life drifting
Towards an elusive sun
I would have wandered forever
If your breeze hadn't come
And you just could be my anchor
You are my northern star
That navigates me home

Don't need to search no more exotic islands
No that I found you're right where I belong
Never been so much at home as I am
Loving you is right where I belong

In my mind we're together
Even when I'm alone
My heart leaves you never
Never will our love grow old
My destination forever
You are my shining star that navigates me home

Don't need to search no more exotic islands
Now that I found you're right where I belong
Never been as much at home as I am
Loving you is right where I belong


Still feel that way, after all these years.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...