Sunday, January 08, 2006

Mondays

I hate them, OK? There, I've said it. They arrive after too few days off. They arrive when I'm ready to tackle all the 'house' stuff that lies before me - after two days of recouping from whatever my week held, I get my 'second wind'. Always sometime late Sunday afternoon. Always when 60 Minutes is only an hour or so away. Dinner, West Wing and then it's time to head to bed to get prepared for another week.

I love my job, as I've said in an earlier post. If I have to work (and I do), then I'm lucky to have a job I enjoy and don't dread going to. But truthfully, I don't want to work. I had 10 months off before I started at the college and I loved every single minute of it. Wasn't bored for a second. Kept busy. The days flew by - and none of them were filled with work. So I know I can be 'retired' as soon as our finances allow it and be perfectly happy.

Admittedly, J. should (and most likely will) retire first. He's older and has earned the right to have years of golf whenever he wants while I continue to work for our medical coverage and the paycheck. We will travel when I can take vacations. But we play the lottery every week and hope to win. And if we win, I'd go in to work, give 30 days notice and start cleaning out my desk. And that's a change 'cuz in my old corporate job, I would have resigned via postcard and told them they could keep the stuff in my desk.

Thank goodness next week is a 3 day weekend! I'll still have the 'oh, it's time to go back to work already' blues, but they will be on Monday evening in anticipation of Tuesday.

Off to bed for my eight hours. Goodnight and Happy Monday.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...