Monday, January 17, 2005

Sunshine

Yesterday, there was sun in Tracy - first time in weeks. Dani & I took advantage and did stuff outside for a good part of the day. She was thrilled to have the run of the backyard again and has learned the command 'wait' - she stops and waits patiently by the back door while I clean the dirt & mud off her paws before she goes back into the house. It was a pretty day. I'm already looking forward to Spring. We will have a lot of lawn stuff to do to get the backyard back in shape and redone post-pool.

J and the boys had a great time snowboarding - they arrived home in the 7:30PM range exhausted. This morning, I got the 'real' scoop from the kids about how they did. H caught some air (accidentally, he says) on a bump and ended up landing on his shoulder and hitting his head/face on the snow. B also got a 'bonk' on the head in a hard landing. Helmets will be purchased before the next trip to the snow. They are in complete agreement that perhaps some extra protection for their noggins is in order.

This morning, my lovely hubby brought me coffee and I said 'oh honey, you're so sweet - I'm going to blog this!'. That comment led to other comments like 'hmmmm, a blog job might be nice'. Aren't men great? Always thinking, aren't they? He makes me laugh a lot and I love him.

Tomorrow, it's back to work - start of a new semester. I hope to get there really early so I won't have to deal with the pre-8AM parking madness. Since I was out most of last week, there will be tons to do on top of the normal tons to do. It will be a busy, fast week.

Back again soon -

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places
Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where
Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression
No expression
Hide my head
I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very very
Mad world
Mad world

Mad World - Gary Jules

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...