Thursday, January 13, 2005

Starting

How do you start a blog? and why would anyone want to? In my case, there's someone I don't see often and I like to keep them 'looped' in about my days. Hence, this blog. K, this is for you.

Work is OK - as I like to say 'that's why they call it work'. Not fun, but survivable. I won't elaborate 'cuz I don't want to be 'dooced' for writing about the thrilling days of working in higher education. It's an OK job with wonderful people. But, it's a job - and since I spend every waking hour wishing I didn't have to work (I know, who doesn't)....well 'nuf said, I guess.

Kids are good. Two kids - both boys. B is 13 (he'll be 14 in two weeks, which he'll remind you constantly if given the opportunity). H is 11. They are the loves of my life. The 'majah' of my blog title comes from H - that's what he calls me. He calls his dad 'fajah'. We like it. Hopefully, it will not offend anyone....I haven't checked yet to see if those terms mean something horrific in another language.

This has been an off week. Physically feeling unwell which leads to mentally feeling unwell. Difficult. The building I work in has been hit w/ the flu - three of us out so far, including my boss (and he's never sick) and another co-worker. We are all hacking and headachy and generally miserable - and I decided to take my misery home. Slept most of the afternoon away. Woke up in time to help kids w/ homework, help H bake cookies for a snack (he's my little Keebler elf, I tell you). Will write a bit now and then head back upstairs to the warmth of my down comforter and the TV remote.

B's upcoming birthday has started me feeling melancholy and old(er). I can't believe that little tiny baby is now a towering 5'8" tall, and a hunk to boot. What a dream he is. He was a gift from the minute he was conceived - a totally unexpected, shockingly wonderful gift. And he's turning FOURTEEN. YIKES. Where have those years gone?

When B was born, blogs didn't exist....or I guess they probably existed somewhere. I started to write B a letter that I added to sometimes. I'm sure I have it around somewhere. As I read the blogs of so many moms doing a wonderful job of chronicling their kids life, I wish I had done that for B (and H). So much to tell them and so many memories I wish I had written down. Hopefully, some of those memories will come out as I add to this blog.

Bye for now -

Cause you can't jump the track
We're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass glued to the table,
No one can find the rewind button girl
So just cradle your head in your hands.
And breathe, just breathe, whoa breathe just breathe

Breathe (2am) - Anna Nalick

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...