Friday, June 17, 2022

Just in Case

I ordered the third round of free COVID tests today - and used one of the ones we have for the first time since the pandemic.  

I had a horrible night last night with a super glitchy sore throat that had me awake for hours.  Finally got up and found Mentholatum, used it on my nose and lips and that calmed down the constant 'choking' feeling I had from 10PM to 1:30AM.  Woke up exhausted and considered cancelling our appointment at the bank to finalize one more trust document that required a notary.  I trudged through - got showered and dressed and we made it to the bank.  While we were that far south, we also went to Costco to gas up my car.  

I felt pretty rotten most of the day and as I walked to the kitchen in late afternoon to get some water, my legs felt like 2000 pounds of weight to carry around.  

I decided I'd rather know now vs. not knowing.  I didn't have a fever and I read that is one of the earliest symptoms - but I feel pretty rotten.  Thankfully, the COVID test was a very clear negative.  Must be just a nasty summer cold.  

Our neighbors are moving in today - they arrived in two SUVs and a UHaul truck.  So excited to have them here and I'm sure they are ecstatic.  They sold their California home over a year ago and traveled to Minnesota and stayed with family there for a few months - then stayed with their daughter.  They will finally be back in their own home and I remember how happy we felt to be finally in the house! 

Now that I know I'm not going to risk infecting anyone with COVID, we will proceed with our trek to Reno tomorrow for swipe and win free play.  

J. has golf Monday and Tuesday this week and I have a mammogram on Wednesday.  Thursday will be Atlantis for weekly free play.  

We have a lot of plants to put in the ground and will get more tomorrow.  J. found some Guara's - we love them and they are hard to find.  We'll go back to the nursery not too far from Atlantis to get a few more and then spend the rest of the weekend getting things planted.  

B. is getting settled in his new neighborhood.  He is having some issues with the moving company providing the weight ticket he needs to file for reimbursement from the Army for his move.  I tried to remind him that it's been only a few business days from when his stuff was delivered - and weight tickets from a trip that very likely included more than just his stuff can take awhile.  It might take awhile but they are a reputable company and I feel confident he will get what he needs. Patience, son.  Patience.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...