Wednesday, December 30, 2020

COVID

I felt absolutely horrible yesterday.  Barely slept at all on Monday night - restless while exhausted.  Couldn't get warm.  Got warm then too warm.  Then cold again.  Over and over.  It was an awful night.  

I felt disoriented and off all day yesterday - did what I could to help J. in the garage but ended up taking a nap.  Still felt horribly crummy after the nap.  

At 5PM, I enjoyed a Zoom call with friends from California - we talked non-stop for two hours - it was a blast.  It was also timed around happy hour so I enjoyed a couple small glasses of our Gamay Rouge from V. Sattui.  

The hardest part of COVID is thinking anytime you feel off or not great that 'this is it.  I've got it.  If I feel this bad with zero fever, zero congestion, zero breathing difficulties, what will happen if this IS it - will I even survive it?'.  I hate having those kind of thoughts....but I thought them all day yesterday.  

I also frequently notice aches and pains and think 'now THIS is IT'.  No, actually - your muscles hurt 'cuz you move a lot more and do a lot more in this house than you did in your old house.  Lifting stuff, moving things - it all adds up.  My arms feel super sore today but it's 'cuz I've been doing what I can to help J. with culling the garage.

This morning, we put all the Christmas decorations up on the overhead shelving.  The garage is looking pretty lean and it feels great.  We've let so much stuff GO!

I slept like a log last night (thanks to CBD drops which I skipped on Monday night) and woke up this morning feeling 1000% better than I did at anytime yesterday....so it was just a bad night's sleep combined with sinus stuff that today is much better.  

Whew!  I can't wait to get the vaccine to hopefully build up some immunity so having COVID won't be the first thing that comes to mind with every ache.  

We unpacked a small, compact stereo system and we played the only CD I had handy - John Denver.  A compilation CD a friend gave me before I retired.  Walking down memory lane all day with songs that I love and some I'd sort of forgotten about.  We look forward to music in the house daily - 

Also found the PS2 Slimline player we have - considered donating it but there are a lot of PS2 games in the cupboard and I'm always looking for 'stuff' to do - so we kept it.  And it can also play DVD's so that's great, too.

I didn't know when we moved that VHS players were no longer being made (apparently).  I don't know what we will do with the TONS of VHS tapes we have to play - and nothing to play them on.  

Tomorrow, we head to Reno for our NYE blast - I think we're going to do shots of tequila as the clock strikes midnight.  Seems like a fitting way to end the year and welcome a new one.  I'm really looking forward to playing and enjoying fun with J. .  

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...