Sunday, June 14, 2020

Days and Days of Unpacking

I'm approaching the one year anniversary of retirement - what an amazing year it's been.  Things clicked along brilliantly Summer 2019 into Fall - house readied to sell, selling relatively quickly.

The transition from working to not working hasn't been that hard but sometimes, especially lately, I've noticed that my anxiety level has actually increased in many ways.

Little things are hard.  Silly, ridiculous things challenge me.

At the moment, things feel hard primarily because we are living in a state of flux. Unpacking daily and making decisions of things to keep and things to unload.  We've been in that state of paring back for a couple years now - ever since we put the deposit on the lot - so it should feel familiar.  But it's exhausting.  Thinking so hard about every.little.thing just wears me out.

I say 'I'm tired' all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  It makes me crazy.

Today, I took a short cat nap and feel rested and somewhat renewed so maybe that's the thing - when feeling tired, give in a bit and rest if you want to.

We trekked to Costco today and I accompanied J. .  I joked 'just remember when the total pops up that you wanted me to come with you'.  We bought a Roomba for our bowling alley-like great room so that was a pretty large amount - but there were other things, too.

We signed up for Hello Fresh again and last night made an absolutely delicious lemon spaghetti with chicken.  It was truly DELICIOUS!  We like the variety, appreciate the ease of having everything we need and honestly, it's not much more expensive than what we'd buy for dinners at the grocery store.  It's easy to pause a week (to use up other food and/or to make recipes again - every meal comes with a recipe card) - and it reminds us that we have plenty of food here.  Keeps us from going out.

I've ventured to Atlantis a couple times - wearing a mask, sanitizing my hands and doing my darnedest to stay away from people - but I still feel worried.  So far, all is good.  But we/I fully anticipate there will be a spike in Corona Virus cases and we'll end up being on lock-down again.  Part of the Costco expense was stocking up on meat which we plan to cook (ground beef) and freeze.  Also four small pork roasts that we can use for shredded pork, a pork roast Sunday dinner, etc. .

We have a list of things that need attention around the house - making a punch list.  I dread the steady stream of people that will need to enter once the job Sup decides to send repair folks.  I look forward to the day when we aren't expecting a steady stream of workers.

Our refrigerator FINALLY arrived - but not without drama.  They (unbelievably) delivered the wrong one AGAIN.  The issue was very quickly driven up the chain and the drivers (who pick up what they're told to pick up and deliver what they are told to deliver - two of the nicest guys ever) actually went back to Reno to pick up the correct one and came right back.  We appreciated that very much.
The first batch of ice is almost done - it has to be thrown out - and then we'll be in business with ice and cold water and tons of space.

Looking forward to using the garage fridge for beverages - and for Vodka adult 'otter pops' - another Costco find!  You can tell Summer is coming when the adult otter pops are back in the warehouse!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...