Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Warmth

When we first moved to the town house rental, we had a lot of issues with controlling the room temperatures via the thermostats.  The upstairs was frequently a balmy 80+ degrees - we ended up mostly turning off all the heat.  We'd turn on the upstairs heat before bed to take the chill off the rooms but turn it off so it wouldn't run all night.

It's been in the high teens in the nights here lately and we've discovered just how much better we sleep if we go ahead and leave the heat on upstairs all night.  I know that seems silly - of course, we should run the heater all night - but we hadn't been until this week. 

We both slept in HUGELY this morning - J. was up around 8 and I was up around 8:30 and it just felt so good to sleep hours at a stretch. 

Maybe our night wakings were related to just not being toasty warm enough -

And our utility bills are incredibly reasonable - $55 for electricity (including running the electric space heater we have in the living room because the 'baffles' of our HVAC aren't working all that well and most of the heat from the downstairs is blowing out of the upstairs vents) and $75 for natural gas.  Wow!  What an amazing difference in comparison to PG&E in California where our bill was way higher - and that included having mostly solar in place of electricity through PG&E. 

Another thing we love about Nevada - you're not being price gouged based on weather - you need heat?  Do it!  Be comfy and cozy and not broke!

I'm heading to the lab to do my blood work and J. is going to do his daily visit to the house - combined with a bunch of other stops he's making.  We live in a caucus state  (WHOA!) so he's going to stop by a candidate's office and ask about the process of being a part of the caucus - right up his alley. 

We finished the last available season of "Goliath" and anxiously await Season 4 (which sadly will be the last season, apparently.  I'm hoping they reconsider but I suspect they are killing off a major character so....).  All good things must come to an end.

I have free play at Atlantis this week (twice) so I will likely head there tomorrow.  OH - I also won the final game score 'square' on the 'pool' board at the Super Bowl event - so I earned $100 in free play from that as well - which got loaded to my card yesterday before I headed home but I saved it to combine with the $100 in free play I'll get this week.  I MIGHT even save tomorrow's free play to add to (the upcoming) Saturday free play - I'd have $300 total and that's a pretty good run on a machine.  My only regret is that Atlantis doesn't allow free play on the Dragon Links which is my fave machine.  But I can usually turn free play into real cash and then take that cash and play Dragon Links so...it's OK. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...