Thursday, February 13, 2020

Feeling Lucky

J. and I headed to Atlantis last night to have dinner at The Steakhouse.  We've never eaten there before and had been saving it for a special treat.  It was SO DELICIOUS!  Superb from start to finish with impeccable service to boot!  We brought home tons of leftovers. 

We declared the evening a 'date night' and gave ourselves permission to take some play money out of checking - mine was gone in a flash but I had other fun money so I continued to play a bit.  I moved to a new machine (with the highest major) and played.  I was ready to leave - not winning and worrying about losing (losing is so not fun) - but a friend who had been there earlier was encouraging her brother 'be patient.  You just have to be patient'.  So I stayed. 

I hit the Major on a 2 cent denomination dollar bet - so yay!  A big win right before dinner! 

I went back to Atlantis today for free play and did really well again today.  Turned free play into $300 cash which let me play for a bit.  The friend who was encouraging patience last night was there again today so I let her know that she helped me score the major - she was so glad I told her.  (She is a VERY high roller - very nice lady).  Today, she came over and said 'M., I was saving the machine next to me for my hubby but he's not coming - I know you love it so come play'.  We had a great time and the machine was pretty kind to me - and then on the way out for the day, I decided to do a little (more) play on the machine that I'd played free play on - and on the second spin, I hit a bonus that paid over $800!  Wow!  What a fun day! 

(I've actually hit a major or huge hits four times since February 1st so it's been a really great run.  Hope it keeps up).

I've been working around the house a bit and finally took time to gather up all the tax documents we've received and get things in folder.  Still miles away from trying to do taxes - though I should - but we've got plenty of other things going on to keep us busy. 

Our house is getting closer - drywall will be installed by the end of this week and then the taping and mudding will start.  Before we know it, there will be floors, then cabinets, lights, ceiling fans, paint.  Still no confirmed date but....it's looking like a house and we get more excited every time we visit. 

H.'s car disaster improved a bit when we decided to tow the car to his local Hyundai dealership.  And miracle of miracles - they are going to replace the engine and cover the cost 100%.  The car has 160K miles on it - it's technically out of warranty - but the head mechanic at the dealership said he would check with the corporate warranty folks - and they agreed to cover it.  They won't pay for a rental but wow!  Saving us $4-5K is extraordinary and we're so relieved.  H. is walking or riding a bike to work.  He will use Lyft occasionally if it's raining but he will make it work. 

Upon returning home last night, we stayed up until close to 11PM - rare for me.  We had left the downstairs heat on (accidentally) - and most of the heat comes out of the vents at the top of the stairs - so the upstairs was pretty warm.  My room was a balmy 80 degrees.  I slept in a tank and boy shorts and still had to open the window a smidge in the middle of the night to cool it down enough to sleep. 

I'm ready for a better night's sleep tonight - weather has been so lovely - it was nice to have some fresh air.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...