Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Singing Today

I feel like I'm on the road to recovery 'cuz I feel like singing again.  I've got Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani's "Nobody But You" on repeat and will head upstairs soon to sing it in the shower.  Then I'll sing it at the top of my lungs in the car. 

My head is full of gunk and I'm still coughing but I'm willing to give getting out of the house a try today.  Freeplay in Reno is reason enough for me to get dressed (first non-PJ day since last Thursday). 

We're working with the lighting lady via email and have already picked out unique art glass pendants for the island and a matching chandelier for the dining area.  Depending on how my first excursion in a week goes, we might trek to Home Depot and Lowes to get some ideas. 

I think I found fans at Costco we like - way less expensive than what the lighting store has - and the art glass is going to use up our lighting allowance pretty darn quickly (and then some, most likely). 

The house is approaching what we've always said was our 'no higher than this' amount but it is what it is.  It's truly, TRULY the house of our dreams and at this point, a few thousand more dollars mortgaged over 30 years doesn't make all that much difference.  There's that scene in Sleepless in Seattle where the lady tells the builder (also named Sam) 'when I have parties I always have platters and I need the SubZero refrigerator' - and it's a load bearing wall and will cost a fortune to redo and move out the date another six months and she says 'do it.  It's important to get.it.right'.  We're not doing THAT but we are making sure that what we want is what will happen.  When I told the lighting lady we wanted the art glass items, I said 'and we know how expensive they are.  We want them'. 

Remind me I said that when I freak out when we start making the monthly mortgage payment on that amount. 

I want to profusely thank hubby who has made store runs based on whatever I felt like I might remotely want to try to eat.  He's also made over the counter medication runs for stuff I'm sure we have somewhere but we can't find it and if I/we need it, we're getting it.  He's changed sheets, cleaned out barf buckets, brought me waters, juice, etc. for the last SIX days and has been the best help mate ever.  I told him 'please don't get sick with this gunk 'cuz I honestly know I can not take care of you as well as you've taken care of me'.  But I would sure try if that happens. 

Looking forward to wearing clothes today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In sickness and in health, my dear!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...