Monday, February 11, 2019

Cruising In Perpetuity

J. is going to call Norwegian Cruise tomorrow and put a deposit on an Alaska cruise in September.  It's the cruise certificate I received from my white-knuckle snow driving to Reno a couple weeks ago.  We'll be cruising in April, 2019, again in September, 2019 and a long cruise in May, 2020.  AND we keep seeing tons of other cruises we'd love to do - but really, I'll be excited to be on land a bit, too!  :-) 

I worked yesterday and today and accomplished quite a bit.  We've decided we are definitely not heading to Carson City for next weekend - the weather is going to be awful and we'll just wait two weeks and head up the end of the month.  I'm glad because that's two more days in the office this week - the timing of our next planned trip to Nevada means I have to get a huge report done well before the end of February.  I plan to work next weekend as well - another 3 day weekend to just plow through stuff at work. 

We have a reserved storage unit in Carson City - only $149 a month with the first month free.  It's the same size as the unit we rented for the 'kids' which was $253 a month.  We are going to live like kings in Carson City!  Things are just much less expensive -

We will head up in two cars (assuming the roads are clear enough for us to drive up) loaded with stuff to put in storage.  We've made a list of bigger things we can also move to storage and will be contacting a moving company to arrange for them to make a trip up with a truckload of stuff in late April or early May.  We're going to start moving stuff out of the house and up there as we prep for painting and other projects.  Then we're hoping the same company can make a 2nd trip up - and that trip will be (hopefully) directly to the house - and then they can also retrieve stuff from storage and bring it to the house.  Sort of a multi-stage move - we'll have to see how that works re: scheduling. 

Muf is behind the computer playing with the power cord - and when scolded for doing that, she moves over and starts chewing on the jump drive cable attached to the computer.  Geez, she is a PITA. 

I'm really struggling with H. being here.  Example:  I was in his bathroom last night and saw something I didn't recognize at the side of the sink.  My immediate, first reaction was 'drug paraphernalia?  No reason to think that - but - the history lives long and large.  I moved something away from the unidentified item - and it was....wait for it....a toothbrush. 

Clearly, I am in need of some kind of remediation - I also spent a lot of time keeping an eye on a strange car parked in front of the house - it was a neighbor's guest.  But I convinced myself he had someone upstairs with him.  He didn't. 

My anxiety levels are off the charts these days - it's hard balancing everything and I feel like I'm mostly failing.  I'm working hard on reminding myself to not be so hard on myself - and also reminding myself to lighten up on J. and H..  I'm super grumpy when my anxiety is high and it doesn't help anything for me to be snippy and pissy a good amount of time. 

It will pass.  I remind myself.  It WILL pass.  Things will start falling into place and once the house build starts, things will be super exciting. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...