Friday, March 16, 2018

As We Leave for the Airport

It's been a month, I know.  Time just zooms by and the day to day stuff happens and the next thing you know, it's another month well in progress. 

We are up at 2:30AM to leave for SFO - flying to Miami today then boarding the Norwegian Escape tomorrow.  Now that we know the drill a little more, we'll sleep in a bit tomorrow morning, have a nice breakfast and then head to the port.  Our cabin won't be ready until 1PM (at the earliest) and while it's fun to sit on the deck with a beverage, it's also crowded and more than a little nuts on ship upon embarkation.  But that first umbrella drink?  I've been waiting for that for a long time.

I've been doing the Arbonne 28 Day Detox and as of today, I'm down 7.5 pounds - in 25 days.  Cutting it a bit short since today commences airplane food, etc. - but I am planning to be pretty (very) careful about what I eat.  I'm going to measure my 'middle' soon and I'm hoping for some 'down' there, too.  I'm pretty sure there is 'cuz some of my pants feel like they're falling off.  The Detox is mainly two smoothies a day and then a 'clean' dinner - no refined grains, no sugar.  J. has been preparing delicious meals from the weekly recipes and I've enjoyed chocolate or vanilla 'shakes' that taste like a treat and are amazingly filling.  I've never felt hungry.  Well....maybe a couple times. 

All our Girl Scout cookies arrived the very first day of my detox - and THAT was super hard.  But I haven't had a single one!

OK - I've got to get going - we want to be on the road within an hour and even though we (FINALLY) bought a Fast Pass for our car, we still want to give ourselves plenty of time.  (I say FINALLY because it's been suggested a zillion times - only we don't drive to the Bay Area all that much these days - but there's no cost unless we cross a bridge or use a toll lane - and the toll lanes are free with two people in the car so....why the heck not??)

I have a lot to update on - and I'll try to do that in the comfort/peace of our ship cabin or DisneyWorld hotel room.  We're off for a two week break from home - which is still my favorite place only it's filled with a lot more 'stuff', pets and people than we're used to at the moment.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...