Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Doing Something I Rarely Do

It's Valentine's Day and since J. and I both feel that we celebrate each other every single day, it was largely a regular day - but we did decide to get a couple nice steaks and make ourselves a nice dinner.

After a hectic day jammed full of 4 meetings - 2 on the calendar and 2 added to get things moving that needed doing - I trekked to SaveMart to procure dinner supplies.  J. is still not feeling great (I am suggesting strongly that he get in to see his regular doctor ASAP - his blood work showed some issues that may be causing or contributing to the dizziness) so it's worth checking it out again.  My sources are Google and WebMD so...a real doctor is a good idea.

SaveMart is a mystery to me.  It's been remodeled and we rarely shop there and I rarely shop ever.  I spent ten minutes walking around looking everywhere for the powdery grated Parmesan in a plastic container and croutons.  J. texted me 'on an aisle near the butcher'.  Five minutes in, I felt on the verge of tears - and when I finally found it (way, WAY far from where J. said it was but in his defense he doesn't shop at Savemart often either), I grabbed it and trekked to the registers.  Long lines all around.

A list of 10 items morphed into a lot more and $107.44 later, I came home with supplies for at least 4 dinners.  We really needed groceries - our coffer's been low for a while and with J. being unable to drive for close to a week, we were due.  I grabbed a huge box of bakery fresh heart shaped cookies with do-it-yourself piping bags full of frosting and sprinkles!  I LOVE SUGAR COOKIES - especially iced - and I couldn't resist.

We gave each of the boys $50 though H. doesn't know yet.  I sent a Facebook message to them both this morning - heard back from B. but H. doesn't check Facebook much.  And he doesn't have a phone that I know the number of so I couldn't text him.  Why does he not have a phone I know?  'cuz his iPhone is ruined and I've ordered J. to quit taking care of it.  If H. wants to get it fixed, he'll make trekking to the Apple Store his priority - which so far he hasn't.  So he's on a borrowed phone and I have no idea what the number is.  It's his 2nd borrowed phone and since I never knew the first loaner phone's number, I don't know this latest one either.

And I'm sort of fine with that.

We watched the final episode of The Young Pope and it was heartbreakingly wonderful....and traumatic....and fraught with 'what the heck?'.  There is possible a 2nd season in the works, but I just read that IF there is a 2nd season ordered, it won't film until Summer, 2018, which is an awfully long time between seasons.  Seems unlikely Jude Law will be in the role for Season 2 but I hope so.  It's a beautiful show and there's still so much we want to know about The Young Pope's journey.

It's approaching 9PM and I'm setting my alarm earlier daily to attempt to get in the office earlier - though I was up before 5AM this morning and was still technically 'late' to work.  Just get involved with 'stuff' on the computer...and admittedly, sort of drag my feet in rushing to get to another long day.

But I must and I shall.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...