Monday, August 22, 2016

Rare

Rare are the days when I come home ready for a beverage that might make me forget the day but today was one of those days.  It's Friday (yay!) and that in itself is cause for celebration, right?  But really, this day sucked.  From start to finish, it was awful.  You know I rarely say that so...I'll leave the details to your imagination.

Years from now, when I'm re-reading my life, I'm going to ask myself 'what in the world was so bad about that day?'.  There will be no answer - which is true today, too.  No answer.  It was chaotically busy with so many little things - all the big things had to wait and the big things can't wait.  So I'm working tomorrow.  Yay me (not)!

I am so far 'behind' in my life's tales - where to start.

Hello again - it's now Monday.  I'm leaving that Friday missive above to remind myself:  the best way to get over a horrendous day like last Friday?  Have a splendid day like today.  Mondays are categorically a no fun day pretty much every work week - but thanks to the time I spent in the office on Saturday, I had my lists ready of 'what's next' and made good, steady progress all day.  Things that were troublesome on Friday cleared up today - some with a little intervention and effort on my part and others just the way things seem less consequential one day than they did in the moment of the horrendous day.

And the major difference between the two days?  ME!  Friday was a series of hard things that got me on a track of frustration and angst and on those rare days when I can't snap myself out of it, it's just easier to give in and just 'have a bad day'.  But today?  Little things that were irritating Friday were just easily resolved and I just kept on going as soon as the little things were done.

I have four more great days planned for this week and with no meetings (so far) on my calendar, it's looking like a great week.  If I keep on the path I was on today, I should be able to get much of my year-end stuff done and actually take a weekend off.  And in September, I'm off four Fridays - using up vacation to comply with having no more than 80 hours of prior year vacation on the books at the end of September.

Somehow, the TV is on The Andy Williams show - and it makes me miss my mom.  She loved Andy.

I went to Thunder Valley yesterday and what's even more miraculous about the difference between my peace of mind Friday vs. today is that I lost hugely.  The slots were just total crap - I drove home in a huge amount of traffic; the freeway connector between Hwy. 99 and I-5 south was closed so the horrible drive was even MORE horrible and told my hubby in a phone call 'I need a hobby that doesn't result in feelings of self-loathing'.  Time to take up needlepoint.  Or tatting.  I have a cousin who does amazing tatting projects and I'd really like to learn.  I just might!

There's been some HUGE drama at work (which may have also contributed to the dis-ease of late last week) and it amazes me how incredibly stupid people can be.  And how watching the drama play out again on Facebook (well, I'm not watching - this person is so far from a 'friend', I have nothing to do with them on Facebook, but I have other friends who ARE so I hear all about it) is just watching someone make an ass of them self over and over.

We had ribs for dinner and I have the most horrendous heart burn ever.  I've taken meds and nothing's helping.  It might be a long night.  I'd better get going on trying to get some sleep.




No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...