Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Morning

I am home today awaiting the arrival of a Sears repair person who will undoubtedly tell me that yes, after only two loads post-repair (2 repairmen here last Saturday until 9PM), new parts are required and another TBD weeks of waiting will ensue. Wherein I will trek to the laundromat, family in tow, and do mountains of laundry in the comfort of plastic chairs, one TV and a Ms. Pacman game. AGAIN. Never buy a Sears Calypso washer, people. NEVER. (They don't sell them anymore ['ya think?] so you're probably safe). And my opinion of Sears repair at the moment is not all that great either, but we're giving them a chance to redeem themselves.

Anyway, I got up around 6 and got 'dressed'. Didn't want to lounge away in PJs and decided 'ala Flylady' I'd be much more motivated if I had clothes on. Got the kids off to school, dogs out, dogs fed, dogs out again - and started tidying up the kitchen. My legs felt strange and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. THEN I noticed. I had two black shoes on - they just weren't the same shoe. Hence the strange feeling in one leg. Lovely. Thank goodness I didn't go to work that way.

The dogs are 'protecting' me from Kevin the pool guy. I might have solved the barking - I put them both in their kennels and turned on a CD of 70's music. They are relatively quiet. I'm sure they'll bark like crazy when the Sears guy gets here - but for now, the quiet in light of a 'stranger' in our backyard is lovely.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...