Saturday, December 31, 2005

Sweet Life

For Christmas, J. gave me a bauble. I like baubles. He knows I like them. The best part is that he lets me pick them out - so he KNOWS I will LOVE it.

My latest addition to my growing bling collection is a Jeanine Payer ring that reads: The experience of this sweet life. It is gold and silver with a floating diamond on the bottom band. You can see it at sundancecatalog.com if you're interested.

I love this ring for what it says. A daily reminder to be thankful for this sweet life. Be thankful for all my blessings. J. and the kids and our life. It is a wonderfully sweet life I am living...and I love having that statement on the middle finger of my right hand all the time to remind me. Pleasant to look at on days like today when the sweetness of this life is overwhelming. And handy to look at on days when it feels not-so-sweet - when I'm tired, stressed, overwhelmed, wishing for some alone time. Those days happen. But the ring will help remind me that sweetness prevails. I just have to let it in.

Hope your life is sweet and the sweetness grows. If you think it isn't, keep looking. You'll find it. Sometimes it takes time. But it's there.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...