Friday, April 08, 2005

Intentions

I really intended to update regularly. I found myself 'writing' in my sleep - waking up and ruminating over what to post the next day. For someone who has insomnia pretty regularly, ruminating through the night about what to write the next day is not a good thing. It might be for some people, but not for me, who ranks sleeping as one of her top 5 things to do. Without sleep, I'm a wreck...so thinking about blogging when I should be sleeping is not a good thing.

But, I talked to K. yesterday (live and in person) and was reminded that I enjoy writing...and reading what's been written (to recall feelings of the moment)...and my hubby likes reading what I've written. So, I'm back.

I have been a long time (from the first issue) People magazine reader. Devoted, one might say. And when I was younger, I would 'dream' in writing. All my dreams were written. I had the 'People' format down pat - first paragraph gave the person's name, age and a brief summary of their story. Followed by the details. I dreamed stories all night - only no pictures - just words. The 'current' format for People isn't like this anymore - in fact, lately People magazine leaves me wanting more. The stories are too truncated - never enough details. The pages are filled with one page 'blurbs' instead of multi-page stories. I miss the 'old' days.

So, in the past couple months: our pool is finished. Our dog went completely blind (more on that in another post someday). My firstborn registered for high school (YIKES!). We've had flu, strep throat and various other ailments. It's rained A LOT. Our flowerbeds are full of Freesia, dianthus, petunias, and assorted other pretty flowers. We painted son #2s bedroom a really pretty, bright, sky blue. We've been busy, busy....as we always are.

Life is good.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...