Sunday, February 04, 2024

Holy Cow! SO MUCH SNOW!

J. gently kept reminding me the weather forecast was looking not great in terms of getting to Reno.  My freeplay days at Atlantis are one-time Sunday, Monday or Tuesday.  

Snow has been falling since night time - it hasn't stopped.  Not once.  The flakes were small at the start but still enough to cover the ground and pretty much everything.  After an all day snow fall, it's unbelievable how much snow we have on the ground.  It's wet - so even though there's a bit of wind, the snow is sticking where it falls. Flakes are much bigger now and are falling at a brisk pace.  The storm is exactly as forecasted - BIG.  We are following recommended guidance and just staying home.  May be the first time in years I've missed out on Atlantis weekly free play but oh well. 

Our neighbor T. used his snow blower to clear our driveway this morning - bless his heart it was for nothing because so much has fallen, there's no evidence of the driveway ever being clear today.  But it was.  He's a really kind human and we are blessed with such wonderful neighbors.  

Super glad we did a good stock up shopping trip because we are well stocked.  Have plenty of food and while I'm craving tacos (when am I not craving tacos lately - and I have what we need to make tacos if wanted to) - we're going to do bake potatoes with cheese and bacon on them - and likely some leftovers to round out the meal.  

I turned on the heatilator because the cats looked so miserable I just had to do something to get some warmth their way.  I have a small space heater in the study - central heat works great but the office 'zone' heats J.'s master suite, the guest bedroom and bathroom and the office - and that's a lot of space to heat when no one is in those rooms.  Can't wait until I'm feeling toasty - my feet feel like ice blocks at the end of my legs - but it will warm eventually. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...