Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Crazy Snow

I reveled in seeing the actual street yesterday after the rain had melted the last of the snow and ice on our street.  J. even drove his car for the first time in a while with the streets out of the neighborhood safer and not requiring all wheel drive.  This morning, we woke up to more snow.  LOTS of snow.  It's been snowing (literally) all day including some periods of really huge flakes in high volume floating down.  

It's always interesting to check out the snow view from both the front windows and the back windows.  The wind direction is almost always completely different depending on what side of the house you're on.  

Amazon just sent me a message from the Amazon driver that he can't make a delivery and asking if I want to come to Walmart in North Carson (we have two Walmarts) to pickup.  I wrote back (after stressing myself out to accept the message requiring multiple logins and worrying that I was being hacked - I wasn't) that I can't travel to Walmart to pickup for the same reason you can't get to our house.  They will return the package to Amazon and it will be set up for delivery later this week.  

It's coffee and we're not in dire straits for that right now so all is good. 

It is very cold and I made myself a double hot chocolate with whip cream to warm myself from the inside out.  It worked but now I'm cold again. 

A fish and chips truck is visiting a grocery store parking lot in our area today and we had planned to do that for dinner - but it's looking like we can't get there so we will make dinner at home.  

If Amazon can't deliver, it's a sign we should just stay home. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...