Thursday, August 01, 2019

Wacky Ideas

The backyard and patio are looking BEAUTIFUL.  The power washer has paid for itself many times over in the look of the yard pre and post washer.  Getting the pool deck really clean makes it look so beautiful - I can't wait to have it all tidy and see the pics the realtor's photographer will take.  It's looking super pretty.  I'm going to get some flowers to plant in some of the areas - the wildflowers are still blooming but they cycle in and out - and the faded ones need to be pulled out on a regular basis.  The pops of color some flats of pansies will give will add a lot to the look.

J. and I have the crazy idea to get up super early on Saturday and head up to Reno with two cars loaded with stuff.  Stop at the storage unit, rent another unit, unload and then cruise by the house.  I'm bracing J. to not see any change - but we're sure hopeful there will be foundation work in process.  J. pulled the contract we signed which states close of escrow is planned for October 30th - though there is also language that the date is subject to change with agreement by both parties.  So....we're aiming to be out of Tracy by end of September and we'll see how it goes with the house in Carson City.  

We've got so many boxes ready to move up and we're so motivated to keep things moving on the packing front - so the trip up would be great.  I had reservations for Friday through Sunday nights but I cancelled them - we figure if we're there and too tired to drive home (or if I hit a hot streak on a machine and don't want to leave - LOL - ) we'll get a room.  

H. works 3:00PM to midnight on Saturday so he can take care of Chloe.  He'll be up in the morning to take her out, feed her, give her shot and take care of her until he leaves for work.  She'll get her 'dinner' around 2:30, shot, take her out.  He'll be home for dinner around 7 and we think we'll be home 9ish or 10ish for the night.  

It's wacky but we can do it!! 

The painters are here again today and I spent all night ruminating about the things they didn't do (at all or very well).  It's OK - they are doing stuff today and might need to be back for another day and that will cost extra (time and materials is the agreement) but the house has to look good - that's the whole point of hiring them!

I received my last check from the district for the five paid days in July plus paid out vacation - a nice, tidy sum.  Irritated to see deductions for things like disability insurance and life insurance which are essentially paying for August?  I've made a request that those premiums be refunded to me - having disability insurance for a month where I have no earned income is a waste of (my) money.  We'll see how it goes.  The new CBO said she'd check into it ASAP - haven't heard anything yet.  

I feel super tired today - almost to the point of feeling 'sick'.  Been working outside a lot so probably need hydration and food.  I miss the days of J. packing me breakfast and lunch so I always knew what to eat.  It's a daily crap shoot lately and I don't do well unfed.  Need to stay in a routine.  

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...