Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Still Here. Are You?

I've officially become a blogger who never posts.  Geez.  How did that happen?

It's OK 'cuz I'm pretty sure no one is reading.

Another month whizzed by.  Last night, the 2015-16 budget for our school district was officially approved and I can segue back into something that remotely resembles a life.  Budget is always the absolute hardest task I have on my plate of hard tasks and it is always a long, not-slow slide into frenetic last minute stuff that never ends.  Until it does.

Life observations:

Sometimes, I feel like I control my emotions so well, I simply have none.

And then B. comes home.  

And then B. leaves.

And both those events leave me pounded with emotion.  I drove him to the airport on Sunday and drove home with the hugest lump in my throat.  He heaved sighs all the way from home to the freeway until I finally asked 'you OK?' and he replied 'the goodbyes are never easy'.  And that's the truth.  They never are.

He will hopefully be home again in a couple months for his mandatory summer leave.  Fingers crossed.  Though he did gently venture out and say 'maybe I will take a little trip' - and I vividly recall my very first true adult vacation wherein I did not visit my mother - and how liberating that felt.  It's one of my strongest young adult memories and I know how amazing that 'break' is - so I hope he does that.  It's time.  He'll be 26 in January so it's logical that visiting the homestead is not the only option.

Other news:  we have a family of Blue Jays living in our tree.  The mama and her four (!) babies come down from the trees every day for a little bit and hop around.  They stick close together and it's so fun to watch them.

We are getting that same tree (and every other tree on our property) trimmed next week so I'm sure hoping it won't be an issue - just thinning out a bit.  Since they are old enough to come down and fly around, I think they will be fine.  I hope so.  I'd rather do it now when I know they can fly vs. waiting until there are nests with eggs again.

Today, I'm heading over the hill to Pleasanton/Livermore for a work related conference - and again tomorrow.  I sort of got strong armed into going and wish I hadn't agreed to go but I'm sure it will be interesting.

I'm off Friday through Tuesday and heading up to Jackson for a few nights - can't wait!  Yes, it's Father's Day Sunday but J. can do what he'd most like to do - watch golf all day.

I am having horrible cramps in my feet and this morning, I awoke at 4:30AM and hopped out of bed trying to get my right foot to stop cramping.  Finally just gave up the repeated in and out of bed and got up for the day.  Which I regret at the moment 'cuz it's approaching 6AM and I am so sleepy, I can barely keep my eyes open.

The commute over the hill will wake me up.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...