Saturday, September 24, 2005

Oddities

I had a hysterectomy a few weeks ago. It's been a fairly easy recovery. No abdominal incision (they can take out your uterus via the vagina these days - who knew?) makes it very easy. Six weeks off is the standard - but that just seems wrong to me. So, I had planned to go back after 3 weeks. Only I was felled by a cold/flu that knocked me on my keister for a week. So I'm going back after 3 1/2 weeks.

Anyway, I entered the hospital on a Wednesday a coffee drinker. And I exited the hospital on Friday a non-coffee drinker. Not sure how or why that happened - but I have absolutely no desire for coffee. Can't stomach it, actually. Am wanting tea some mornings, but even that is sporadic. BUT, I do wake up wanting breakfast. And I am a 45 year die-hard 'I don't eat breakfast' person. But I suddenly am. A bowl of cereal or a piece of toast and a slice of cheese. Something. But NOT coffee. Strange. Could be related to the caffeine-withdrawal migraine I endured for THREE DAYS that made my body revolt and say 'Stop, no more!'. It was a miserable three days. And if I have essentially completed detox re: my coffee addiction, then it's a good thing. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the 12+ bottles of Torani Sugar Free Vanilla syrup in the garage. Vanilla Tea? Extra Vanilla-y Cokes?

1 comment:

protman said...

I have gotten a lot of mileage out of this green tea beverage:
http://www.teatech.com/Product/Instant%20Green%20Tea.htm

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...