Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blah

So, my Tuesday continued to be just pissy. Literally...

Board meeting went great. It also went long, as expected. We actually took a break - which we never do. I had been feeling 'uncomfortable' - bladder wise. And was pretty sure I was feeling symptoms of a bladder infection. And when we took a break - I knew. Totally knew. Wow. The pain was excruciating. It came on so fast - literally feeling absolutely fine at our 5:30 dinner and by 7PM, I was a mess.

I honestly considered driving straight to the emergency room after the meeting - I was THAT miserable. But I headed home and J. quickly offered to do anything he could to help. So he headed out to find Azo-Standard (which I couldn't remember the name of for the life of me - but the Internet and Google found the info). Isn't it just great that those magic teeny pills that make you pee bright orange are now available over the counter? Thank goodness. Took two and headed to bed - and miraculously, slept pretty well. Next morning, I headed to Safeway to get cranberry juice. Drank that and water all day yesterday - and greatly improved. I still felt not great in the evening (Weds.) and I headed to bed at 5:40 - AND slept until 5AM this morning. Woke up feeling great. Symptoms completely gone...at least so far. I also had a sore throat and headache all day yesterday - but I feel great today and I'm so glad 'cuz I was reallly worried I was getting the bug B. had (he's recovered now, thank goodness. The kid can't afford to miss any school at this point - he just missed one day).

Have had a busy but very productive week. Knocking off one thing after another on the massive 'to do' list. Trying to be off as much as possible next week - though I will definitely be working part of M-T-W. The schools are closed all week but I have a big report due and if I don't work next week, I will leave myself very little time to get it done. So I'd rather work a bit during a very quiet week and get a lot done with no interruptions. I can come in late (sleep in a bit) and leave whenever I want - allowing time for turkey shopping, etc. So I'm good with that.

One more work day this week - hopefully, it will also be significantly productive and I might even get a head start on all my M-T-W stuff. Might bring my laptop home and try to work in some work time at home this weekend as well. Every little bit will help.

We are planning a quiet Thanksgiving at home - just the four of us. I'm really looking forward to it just being us. It's the same amount of cooking, cleanup, etc. - but it's not 'company'. No feeling like there has to be constant conversation. Etc. I'm just looking forward to quiet time, good food, without all the hoopla. We're making extra food and on Friday, J. will join his brothers in Hayward for leftovers and football. And the kids will go with him - so I will enjoy a quiet afternoon alone.

And, because it's just us, I might get brave enough to try some new recipes. Nothing too non-traditional - we won't have salmon for dinner. But some different sides might be good - I'm in the mood to cook some new recipes to go with all the old favorites. Just for fun.

That's it for now. I had dinner with a friend in Manteca and I'm stuffed and sleepy. I'm heading to bed shortly.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...